


Today I am thankful for Clifton. I am so thankful for the small town that I called home for about 10 years. Many people dislike small towns. Most of the reasons why they dislike them are exactly why I like them. I like knowing everyone and everyone knowing me. I don't mind people knowing my business because I should be keeping my business clean anyways. I love that my teachers, sunday school teachers, and business owners are the same people who come and support my while I play sports, march in the band, participate in UIL. I am thankful for Clifton because there are SO many people that mean a lot to me there. I am thankful for my Elementary and Intermediate teachers. They are a big reason that I want to teach. I am thankful for librarians that encouraged me to read. I am thankful for my coaches in middle school. Coach Moore is still a friend to this day. I am thankful for the administrators there. My favorite job by far was the short time that I got to be secretary (kind of) for Mrs. White. I LOVED getting to visit with Mrs Roper, Connie, Mrs. Spitzer, Rhoda, and even Mr. Maddux everyday. (I am also thankful that he taught me how to spit sunflower seeds) I am thankful for all the men that were my coach on Monday nights when I would play basketball with my dad and his friends. Mr. Raines, Mr. Wimmer, Mr. Moore, Mr. K, and so many others encouraged me and challenged me to make me better. I am thankful for my high school teachers. I even got to be at Mrs. Williams wedding! I think about Mrs. Finstad often and our times in Student Council and English. I think Mrs. Cockrell's speech class was my favorite class of all times. I have so many special memories of getting to babysit her kids.
All of that isn't even touching all of the special people that I met at FBC Clifton. So many people have played a role in who I am today.
I love the feel of a small town. I love how Brookshire's will still carry out your groceries for you and how main street is always decorated for Homecoming. I loved cheering for Clifton, especially the year when Hannah, Leah, and I were all on the squad. I met my best friend, and the man that I married in the Clifton High School Halls. I still have some close friends and some of the dearest memories stemming from the small town. I am not sure if I will ever have the opportunity to live in Clifton again but I will always be Thankful for the time that I had and the memories that I made. As I am writing there are SO SO SO many more people that I am thankful for from Clifton. Thanks for the role you played in my life.
What are you thankful for today?


0 comments:
Post a Comment