Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Give Thanks

Today I am thankful for the train! I kept working on "what sound does a train make" with Riley today. Everytime I would say "choo-choo" she would just laugh at me. Even though we never quite got it down, we both went to the train station at about 7:15 to pick up HONEY!! Riley and Sam were a little sad and confused because Honey only stopped by the house to take a quick potty break and give quick hugs and kisses before it was back to the car. My emotions were getting the best of me today, but no matter what curve balls my day took, I was SUPER excited because I knew the train would be bringing me my mom tonight. I actually had to take her to GG and GGP's house tonight but she will be back on Thursday night!
I had such a great experience the only time that I have ridden a train. It is such a great place to start conversations with people and to even minister to them. I remember looking around and there were a few people who were traveling all alone. I had some great conversations with those people and hopefully they enjoyed it too. Today my Mom met a sweet woman who had some incredible testimony's to share. Isn't it amazing how a long train ride with strangers can lead to such a blessing!
I am glad that the train was able to bring her here so that she can attend a funeral for her cousin Pam tomorrow. I am thankful that we live in a place that offers so many different transportation options.
What are you Thankful for today?

0 comments: