Today I am thankful for GG and GGP. AKA Grandma and Grandpa at the lake (however, they now do not live at the lake but will forever have the name) Today is my Grandmothers __th birthday! She and GGP have been on my mind all day. I am so thankful for them both. There are so many memories that I have and it is so neat to watch my kids create some of the same memories with them. It was funny because when Riley was about Sam's age we went to visit them and Riley pulled out some of the same toys that I remember playing with! So many stories started because of them. A favorite around here is why we always eat watermelon naked! Yes, that is all because of a trip to Grandma and Grandpa at the Lakes house. I remember hunting Easter eggs with them and of course my road trip with them while singing Southern Gospel music.
Sometimes I don't realize how fortunate I am until others tell me their stories. There are many people that I know that never had grandma's and grandpa's growing up. I am so thankful that I have such loving, and Godly grandparents. (oh another reason why I loved going to their house growing up was because GG would alway buy a HUGE box of sour gummy worms and they always had cinnaburst gum in the pantry)
I am thankful that my Grandpa encouraged me to sing and helped mold my love for not only music, but using music and song to praise the lord. I am thankful that my Grandma has helped create a love for cooking and baking in me. I love how sometimes something hot from the oven can warm a heart like nothing else. Thank you both for your continuous love and support. I love you SO much and I am very thankful for you.
Happy Birthday GG!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Give Thanks
What are you thankful for today?
Posted by TeamRB at 10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment