
This was our Turkey from our Thanksgiving celebration today. Not only was it beautiful, it was very good!
Today I am thankful for Chalkhill Community Church. I remember when Ryne and I first moved to Longview, one of the things I was most nervous about was finding a church home. Ryne and I just had so much on our plates it was very important to us to find a church home. Not to mention I felt a sense of urgency because we wanted to find a church home before Riley was born. The task seemed great seeing as Ryne and I had different opinions on likes and dislikes for churches, and also the fact that there are BILLIONS (ok not quite but that is how it seemed) of churches to choose from. Chalkhill seemed to be the story book answer to our search. It was the very first church that we visited and somehow it is the church that we continued to compare others too. It was such a God thing...
We LOVE the music at our church. Music is an important part of how I worship, so this was very important to me. Our friend Corey Ross does the music and he is AMAZING! I love how we have a good mix of contemporary hymns as well as some more modern praise and worship. I love how we often have readings of Psalm's before worship and how I get to hear the bell ringing right before church starts. I am thankful that we are at a place that truly cares about Ryne and I and our family. I am thankful that I am surrounded by people from all lots in life and that we all can learn things from each other. I am thankful that we can laugh at funny things in church, and that we can pray for each others needs and concerns. I am thankful that despite ups and downs with the church, that faith has never been lacking. I was very upset when The Wilcoxson and Ellis family left our church, but I am thankful that God has continued to allow growth despite a hard loss for our church body. I am thankful that we can experience the beauty of God's creation every time that we drive out to our little church. I am thankful that they have a home cooked meal for all the college students every week after church. I am thankful that my parents, Ryne's parents, and Greg and Dara, have all been able to visit atleast once and worship with us there. (They all mean so much to us)
I am thankful that when we were at a time in our lives where we needed love, support, and encouragment so badly, we found Chalkhill. I consider it a priveledge to worship with them.
What are you thankful for today?

0 comments:
Post a Comment