Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Give Thanks

Grandmother with Riley when she was born.
Grandmother with Sam when he was born.


Me and G'ma.
Today I am thankful for my grandmother. (G'ma, diva G'ma, Grandmother next door) I am named after my Grandmother and that is so special to me. I think it is neat how we are so much alike as well. My grandmother has always been a special person to me. We lived next door to her for a few years and those were very special times to me. I feel so lucky that she has been able to be at my wedding, and to see both of her Great Grandchildren. She has taught me how to serve others (we practiced this many a times while visiting her mother at the nursing home) how to be self sufficient (we had to put away our own toys and clean up our own messes at her house) how to sew (this is a recent thing that I can't wait to blog about!) and so many other things. I have fond memories of watching her put on jewelry from her jewelry tray and putting on her bright pink lip stick. Grandmother, I love you so much and I am so very thankful for you.
What are you thankful for today?

0 comments: