Today I am thankful for my Mom! Today is her birthday and I was SO excited because she was able to be here with me for a few hours. I am so thankful for her, I do not even know where to begin... but I will try.
It is funny to me because growing up anyone would have told you that I was my dad made over. That is still very true. It drives my mother crazy how my dad and I put anything on some sort of bread and call it a meal. We both seem to have the same thought patterns, the same optimistic outlook on life, and even favor each other. However, it has become very evident that the older my mom gets, the more she is just like me! haha
I have found where I may have thought I was all my dad, that is DEF not true because I am very much, just like my Mom.
That sure does make me feel good seeing that she is the strongest person I know. My mother hardly ever complains, she desires to me a woman after God's own heart, and she radiates beauty from the inside all the way out. I am so thankful that she continuously was teaching me that God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. I am thankful that she instilled that open and honest communication is ALWAYS the best way to go. (thanks to dad for that too) I am thankful that she always tells me that she loves me. I am thankful that she would leave notes and little surprises for me on my bed, in a suitcase, or in my lunch. I am thankful that she taught me to say yes mam, no sir, etc. I am thankful that I had to learn to clean the kitchen, take out the trash, and to do my own laundry. (even though I vowed as a child that I would NEVER make my kids do laundry) I am thankful that she would never let me quit and that she always believed in me. I am thankful for this new stage in our relationship. I am thankful that we can talk about marriage and about raising kids. I am thankful that even though I am a lot of my daddy, I am more and more like my mom each day.
Mom, I could never write enough things that I am thankful for but this is a start. Thank you for comming to see me these past couple of nights. They seemed to come at just the right time for me. Thank you for all of our late night chats and for washing my dishes :)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Give Thanks
What are you thankful for today?
Posted by TeamRB at 8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You are too kind! I love the woman that you have become. I also love this thankful thing you have going on!! just saying...
Honey
Post a Comment