I almost completed my goal of blogging something that I am thankful for each day in November but I just have to face that I didn't make it. If I do not just move forward I will get all sorts of behind and there are WAY to many things going on these next few weeks but I do want to put in some quick things that I am thankful for: (in order to save time I had to cut the pictures this post... Finals are next week)
I am thankful for my Dad. I feel bad because the post for my dad deserves nothing but the best. I am SO thankful for him and for the rock that he is in my life. I love it when people tell me that I am just like him or that I look like him. My dad is incredible. When kids would say that their dad's could do anything, I always knew it was (and is) true about my dad. He is truly the jack of all trades. If he hasn't done it before he can figure out how. What some people may not know is that he is a great carpenter. He made and amoire for my mom that is beautiful and perfectly thought out. He is even going to make my kids a toy chest soon (hint, hint) He is a pastor, a teacher, a father, a husband, volunteer, officiator, grandfather, friend, uncle, protector, comedian, and one of my very best friends. (and that is only to name a few. I didn't list some of the things he has been like a stock broker, manager, athlete, etc) Some of the memories that I cherish the most were my times just me and him. We would talk together while in the truck. One of the best things he ever instilled in me was the love to sing and whistle. We would sing together on our way places and even whistle some tunes. A big part of why I am so joyful is because my father is always so joyful. I couldn't have asked God for a better example of my heavenly father than the father that I have here on earth. I am so lucky he is my dad. Dad, I love you so much. Thank you for constantly teaching me and loving me and for all the times you would hold me in your chair. I sure do love watching you hold my kids in your lap. You are the best!
I also just have to say that I am SO thankful for LeTourneau University. I won't go on and on like I had planned on, but Ryne and I feel so blessed to be here and to live in the community that we live in. I don't mind some of the "bad" that may come along with being here in Longview Texas because the "good" far out weighs the bad for us. I am so thankful that God opened up doors for us to learn here. He is SO good!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Give Thanks
What are you thankful for today?
Posted by TeamRB at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment