Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our new church!





Ryne and I have finally found our new place to worship. This is a small church in Chalkhill. It is about 20 minutes from our apartment. The church is a historical marker so as you can see, the church still has the original wooden pews and the church cant change anything because it is a historical marker. Brent Ellis is the Pastor and he also works at LeTourneau University. The music leader, Corey Ross, is my mentor here on campus and a has become a good friend of mine and Ryne's here at LeTourneau. The church is very well rounded with some small children, (about 4yrs old and up to about 10) some "people of a different vintage" and then many in between, including about 12-15 LeTourneau students. Right now there is only one sunday school class that consist of Ryne and myself, the teacher (a older man probably in his 70's) and his wife, and a couple of other ladies on occasion. Although its small, Ryne and I have really enjoyed the class. There is so much potential in the Sunday School department though. I am hoping that in the next year we will have a class for young adults. (we have plenty at the church) So, for now, we are very excited that we have settled down to this small, quiet church tucked back in the East Texas pines.

2 comments:

My life with 4 Daughters and Preacher said...

I am so glad that you have chosen a church home! And it looks so sweet and familiar. I will come and hear the message and let you know what I think. Love Honey

Grandma "at the lake" said...

I love the photos of your church. It reminds me of one in Arkansas that we have been to several times. Maybe we can come and go with you sometime.