Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day


Our Valentine's weekend started early. The kids were going to spend the weekend with my Aunt and Uncle. We decided to head up one night early so that I could visit too! Here are Riley and Sam playing with Uncle Jimmy!



They were waiting for there friend to arrive!


Riley and Kaydon loved playing together.


All day Friday we decided to bake some Valentines day goodies! Here are my little helpers!

Showing some love...

We were a bit adventurous and attempted to make two things we had never done before. I loved the way they turned out and had such a good time baking with GG.

The kids helped us frost a few...

Here are our cookies for daddy!

They had to sample, of course.

We had all of the cookies lined up and outlined. Next step: flooding!

While the ouline was drying on the cookies we started to coat the heart pops! We just made the regular recipe for cake balls and then shaped them into hearts, and put them in a stick! I LOVED the way our cake pops turned out.

Finally, all the cookies were flooded and most of them were decorated!


GG and GGP thank you SO much for letting me come and bake. I had so much fun and I loved handing out treats to people on Valentine's Day. I can't wait to do it again, but next time, we will have some more time :)
I headed home Friday night and the kids stayed. I was happy to have an evening to myself because Ryne was at work. Saturday when Ryne was done at work we headed to Tyler for our Valentines weekend! Here I am giving Ryne his gift!

Oh yeah! A box of his favorite gum...

And tickets to a Mudbug Hockey game in Shreveport!!!! I have never been to a hockey game and it has been years for Ryne so we are looking forward to going together!

Then we headed over to the resteraunt where we were meeting our good friends the Reese's. We ate at the Poppouri House in Tyler and it was SO good.

Ryne and I

The food was super good. Here is Ryne's standing pork roast.

And my breaded chicken with a bell pepper and onion cream sauce. It was so yummy!

All of us in front of the Valentine's day tree. Appropriate.

Just me and my Valentine!


Valentine's day is special to me for a lot of reasons. I don't actually care for roses and I don't like chocolate, but I do love LOVE! I love loving on people and relationships. I love hearing about lives and trials and triumphs. I love that my grandparents were married on Valentine's day and that my father proposed to my mom on Valentines day as well. I love that we have a reminder to tell those around us that we love them, not just our significan other. I love my kids, my family, my friends, and above all, my God.
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day!!!

0 comments: