Friday, January 14, 2011

A Green bean Baby Shower


Here is the guest of honor in her adorable "Green bean" outfit and hat. (Great gift Kayla!)


The food. Color inspiration: Green. Complete with Green Bean Bundles of course!

Prego Pals! I think they are both SO adorable!


The group


One of the games that we played was that guest had to sculpt a baby out of play-do, resembling what they thought/hoped the Green Bean would look like! It was quite amusing to say the least. However, first prize did go to the middle baby on the bottom row with the adorable night cap and 1st prize for originality, the Green Bean. :)

The other game that we played was a twist on the team building game that we played in the 5th grade. They had a "baby" egg and 10 green beans and a certain amount of masking tape. They had a short time to try and make something that would protect the egg from falling! When I dropped the egg we all heard a giant pop! However, what we heard was the snap of the green beans and the baby was safe!!! Mom-to-be won all three prizes for succeeding after the first attempt. The game had a cute little moral to it: There is not "perfect" way to protect your egg and eventually, we do have to let go and hope for the best. However, she does have the support of her friends and family to help out where we can.

These were the "prizes".


A group shot!


The middle Mommy-to-be was the guest of honor. Here I am with the hostess and Green Bean Momma.

We had such a good time at the baby shower for the Greenwald's. I was happy to be a part of it. For those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, it was also a difficult day because a friend of mine had lost her mother in a car accident and had let me know hours before the shower. Nevertheless, I am so thankful that for the new life that we celebrated and for the love and out pour for the friend of mine and her family. It amazes me how God works in my life and brings so many wonderful people into it. I am so thankful for the new friendships that I have made here!
Congratulations Greenwald family. I can not wait to meet your little Green Bean!

0 comments: