Monday, December 20, 2010

Purple Princess Party

As you can see, for Riley's third birthday we had a Purple Princess Party!


The Purple Princess herself!

The wonderful Purple Princess Cake.

And cupcakes.

Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Riley...

Happy Birthday to You!

Sam and Riley LOVED the cake.

Caitlin and Grandpa.


Ryne and his Dad.

An attempt at a picture of Mommy and Daddy with the Birthday Girl!

A group shot.

Ang and I.... I love her so much!



Most of the sisters could'nt come so I was thrilled that Caitlin could come! Love you Cait!

And our Thank You goodie bags.

Our Thank You goodie bags!

We had such a great time celebrating Riley's third birthday. I love planning parties and I love thinking of themes. However, this past semester had been so crazy! I didn't have a clue what to do for Riley's birthday. So I just asked her.

"Riley, what kind of party would you like for your birthday?"

"Purple"

"I know that is your favorite color, but what would you like for a theme for your party. Like what should the cake and the decorations be?"

"Purple"

So... Purple it was. I secretly loved how set she was. She knew what she wanted :) We had a great time. A dear friend and a professor of mine, made Riley her Purple Princess Cake. I made "Plum Fun" cup cakes. (Which turned into apple blueberry because I couldn't find Wildberry but anyways...) We had grapes and of course, a Purple beverage. Purple balloons filled the room and was all we needed to entertain the kids. I was so glad that so many of our family members could make it, but we sure missed those who couldn't.

Riley was worn out by the end of the party. I had asked all of the family to stay after the party for lunch. However, after all of Riley's friends left she started to walk home too. I asked her where she was going and she said. "Mom, all my friends are gone, I am going home." The only way I kept her there was by telling her we were going to eat.

Thanks to everyone who was able to come and thank you to everyone who loves our little girl. We are so proud of her and these past three years have just flown by!

0 comments: