Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Father's Day

After the kids and I got home from Virginia we got ready to head back home to celebrate Father's Day. We are fortunate because our families live in the same town. Ryne, my dad, and his dad, had their annual golf game the day before Father's Day. It was great to see both of our dad's. For Ryne's dad we let the kids decorate a hard hat for him. (since they are building a new home) Riley and Sam had a blast. (or course Sam kept trying to eat the markers) Ever since then Riley still says that she wants to color a hat. She is really disappointed when I explain that we don't have the hat anymore :)
For my dad we were able to give him a gift that I was VERY excited about. His grandmother made him and his brother matching quilts when he was a young boy. As a child that quilt is the one that I have fond memories of. I remember snuggling with my dad in the recliner and that old quilt. Well over the years it became tattered and torn. I hadn't seen it for years and he had a "new" blanket. Well, Hannah, Leah, mom, and I had it restored for my dad. He was SO shocked. I am pretty sure I saw a tear in his eye too. It was a great gift and it meant a lot to me, my sisters, and my mom and dad. I wish I had pictures of it, but I didn't take any with my camera.
-Oh and did I mention we bought Ryne a new motorcycle! He loves it!
We had a great Father's Day. I am so blessed to have so many Godly men in my life.
We love you Ryne!!








0 comments: