This past Saturday Ryne suprised me with a WONDERFUL night out.
We went ballroom dancing!
I have been wanting to go ballroom dancing for SO long. When I was pregnant with Sam I would leave flyers of the monthly events around the house hoping that we would go. Ryne did not think he would like it at all and timing never worked out so I was complety taken off guard when he let me in on the suprise Friday night.
Each month a husband and wife give free lessons followed by a 2 hour dance with all sorts of ballroom music. This month the lesson was the Waltz. We loved learning the steps. We wish we had time to learn even more! We through in some cool spins, in's-n-out's (?) and a rotaty thing (?) :) They even split up the evening with two performances of the waltz- a father/daughter duo and a small youth group. It was great.
Ryne said that he can't wait til the next time for us to go back. I can't wait to see what we will learn next. Although, sitting on the side while watching everyone else dance was a lot of fun too. I am glad we are starting to dance together. I hope it is something we continue to do together for the rest of our lives....
Dance, dance, dance, - Dance, dance, dance, all night long...

3 comments:
I can't tell you how pleased I am that Ryne made this choice for the both of you. Dancing is something that can keep the flame burning and will be something that you enjoy the rest of your lifes...you can now dance at your 4 sisters wedding - Cool!
How fun! That is so great. I just love suprises like that.
Um way fun!
P.S.
Nathan and I signed up for Latin Dance classes starting the Wednesday after Spring Break!
Post a Comment