Thursday, October 29, 2009

Daily Dose of Love


It is so impressive to me how God can reveal his love in so many different ways. I am so thankful that my God is continuously placing people in my life that uplift me and encourage me. That is how I feel about my friend Angie. What started out as an attempt to lose some baby weight, has turned into a daily dose of love. (well, almost daily)
This is a typical evening for Ang and I. We walk two to three miles almost every evening. Pushing my double stroller is quite the workout and Miss Alivia is getting bigger each day too! We will often times take turns with the double so that we can each have a turn at the beast! Ha. Not only do I miss the exercise when we are unable to go (such as today because of the rain) I will miss our visits too. True to our gender, we talk about everything from clothes, and babies, to religion and relationships. We plan showers and parties, talk about homework and dinner. One thing that makes Angie so special is that she is one of four daughters as well.
I remember her telling me that until she came to LeTourneau, she never really had friends. She didn't need them. She was home schooled, and lived in Africa for a couple of years with her family, and that was all that she needed. Her sisters were her best friends. Then came John, her husband, and therefore had never had to experience the incredible love of a friend. However, then John was in training for the military for almost 6 months and Ang was here in Texas, pregnant and away from her family and needed friends. This past year has been a time of much growth for her family and for mine. At first glance that may seem sad, but when she told me that I thought "the love and bond that she has with her sisters is the sweetest story of love that I have ever heard." We tell each other we are each others sisters because we are both away from our sisters whom we love and miss so much.
I know that one day our walks will come to an end and one day, we wont live just steps away from each other, but for now, my daily dose of love from Ang (not to mention a little exercise too) has become a favorite part of my days.
Thanks for all the love girl! Hopefully this rain will clear up and we can hit the pavement again tomorrow! Tonight, I missed it.

2 comments:

My life with 4 Daughters and Preacher said...

This has to be one of the sweetest things I have read. I love you both!
Honey

Angela Bartel said...

oh my goodness... how wonderfully put. thank you love. yes, i have come to see our walks as so much more than just walking too. just a day or two ago, i told john, 'you know, bebo, i love rebekah so much. she really is one of my dearest friends.' i think at that moment i had that realization (that i dont often have) that no matter what could ever try to come between us (misunderstandings, time or distance apart), nothing could change the bond that i have with you. thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift that you have given us in each other.