Saturday, January 12, 2008

Riley Anne, 1 month old!


Miss Riley has been such a joy for Ryne and I. She is such a good baby and today she was 1 month old. It is so impressive to see how much she has changed in these few short weeks. Her face has filled out a little more and I would be willing to bet that she has gotten even longer. I just put up a few pictures to show you some various sides to Riley's wonderful personality. I love that picture of her with the duck. We know that she is my child because she was trying to have a conversation with the duck and she has already made Ryne and I laugh at all the different sounds and noises that she has started to make. She is also very cool and knows it. She liked to wear Ryne's hat to show off her cool personality. These last two pictures show off Riley's favorite past time, sleeping. She has been such a good sleeper. Yesterday she went to the hospital for a blood test. The nurse said that she was the best baby she had ever seen. She wiggled and squirmed a bit when I woke her up to put her on the table. Then she went right back to sleep. The nurse pricked and squeezed her foot for a good little bit and Riley pretty much stayed just like that, sound asleep. At first she had her nights and days very mixed up; however, she has slowly started to turn it around and be much better through the night. Ryne and I are doing well too. We both started school back up this past week. Ryne has started some of his flight training this semester :) so that has been exciting. Well, now that we are back home and starting to get back into the groove of things I will keep things more updated of how life is going here in longview. So far, we have been so blessed. Riley has been wonderful and we couldn't be happier.

4 comments:

My life with 4 Daughters and Preacher said...

Riley you have are the sweetest little baby! I love and miss you so much. I'm glad that you are trying to sleep nights so that mommy and daddy can rest up for school.
Honey

Anonymous said...

Rebekah, she is adorable!! And I'm so glad that she's a good baby--it has to make it at least a little bit easier to be a first time mother if your baby behaves well. =) I want to meet her so bad but I have no idea when I'll be able to come to Texas again. She may be walking and talking before I ever get to see her!

Anyway, I hope this semester goes well for you and Ryne both and that things aren't too hectic with a new baby. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Rebekah-
Thank you for giving us such a beautiful grand daughter (she really is grand, isn't she!) We are so please to have you and Riley in Ryne's and our lives!

With Love, Dr L and Master J

Grandma "at the lake" said...

Riley Anne, you are absolutely the most adorable baby I have ever seen. You do look cool in your Dad's cap, and I want to know who won the argument, Riley or the duck?

Rebekah you must put some pictures on Kodak so that I can order prints. I have to have some of these and the ones Maryann took.
I love you an Ryne too, and wish I could see you more than I do.