Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sushi and a Birthday

My birthday was a few weekends ago. As I mentioned before, we celebrated back home with my family and some of our dearest friends. When we got back home though we were excited to have some "mommy and daddy time" celebrating just the two of us.
My birthday wish was to try some sushi. Well, because I am a weenie and didn't have a clue as to what I was doing, I don't think I had "real" sushi. (and by real I mean nothing raw) My intentions were to try some of the "real" stuff but I had no idea where to start. However, I had some crunch rolls and Ryne had Texas rolls. They were GREAT! It was fun to try something a little different.
Here I am with my sushi!

And Ryne with his :)

Us


Afterwards we headed to Olive Garden for dessert. I just LOVE their Italian donuts. They come out warm and go great with some hot coffee.

Afterwards we stoped by Chik-fil-a so Ryne could pick something up. It just so happened to be family night and Happy the clown was there. We just had a grand ol time visiting while I waited on Ryne. (I know that is shocking) Happy gave me a flower balloon. He even gave me one for both Riley and Sam. (Which they LOVED. Riley is all about the balloons now) As it turns out, every Tuesday night they have family night at the Longview Chik-fil-a's. (meaning a free kids meal with adult purchase and free balloons :)

Here we are at my dear friend Angie's house after our night out. She is so sweet. She watched our kiddo's so we could go out.


I love having birthdays. I have been told that down the road I won't enjoy them as much but I sure hate to think so. I love living and I love how each new year brings its own joys, pains, and challenges. I most certainly have had some challenges these past few years. I wouldn't change them though. I look forward to getting older and living life to the fullest each and every day. I know that life will always have its challenges regardless of my age. However, this particular birthday seemed somewhat powerful. What I mean is I feel very accomplished. That is how I responded when asked about how I felt on my birthday. Accomplished.
Since graduating High School I have gotten married, had two beautiful children, worked a part time job, gone to school full time and completed 3 years of study. I have been a full time wife and mom, been a supporting sister and daughter, and a faithful church member. I have been a resident assistant to 36 apartments and their families and planned multiple events as well as a couple of baby showers. I have met people all over the world all from my small little campus. I have had the opportunity to love on and minister to multiple people, as well as them loving and ministering to me. I am not exactly where I thought I would be at 21 years old, but in some ways I am. I always wanted to do the things that I have listed above. and I have.
That is why this birthday was so special. Because it feels like a milestone. I have had so many amazing opportunities in such a short amount of time. I feel so blessed. Thank you so much to everyone who is a part of my life and for all of the sweet birthday wishes. I look forward to my next year of life and to all of the adventure that it brings as well.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey SIL! You're looking hot! When'd you get your hair cut?

TeamRB said...

Oh Hannah, you make me smile! Thanks for the compliment. I got it cut the day we went out for my birthday actually. (the Tue after my birthday) MISS YOU

Locketts said...

Such glam pictures! My favorite sushi roll is the Philadelphia Roll - salmon (yes, raw), avocado, cream cheese, and masago on the outside. If you're ever in Waco you must try Teriyaki Park. It's our favorite sushi in the area, very affordable and they'll let you mix and match rolls.