Friday, April 17, 2009

So much has happened these past couple of months. There is no way that I can hit all of them but here are some pictures from the last couple of months and some things that have happened!

  • We celebrated our first Valentines day as a family of four. (Neither one of the kids wanted to take valentines day pictures)
  • Samuel had his 1 month (left side of bear) and his 2 month (right side of bear) birthday! He is now 14.6 lbs and is growing so fast!
  • Leah came to see me and we went to see a Newsboys concert with my friends Kayla and Angie. We had such a good time! Thanks for coming to see me Leah!
  • Riley discovered markers
  • Riley had her very first haircut. She did a great job and I just love going to the Pink Salon!
  • We flew to Phoenix to visit Grandma and Grandpa Scott and Grandma Washburn. That was after we missed our flight, right in the middle of everyone's spring break! The picture of the kids in their jammies is us at 3:30 in the morning trying to catch a flight on stand by. Despite the rough beginning, we had a great time! Thanks to Ryne's parents for letting us be a part of that trip.
  • Oh!! I almost forgot, in Phoenix I (Rebekah) was the gold champion winner at horseshoes, shuffleboard, and the overall Gold champion at the Bergren Family Olympics!!!
  • We got to visit G-ma Anne in Detroit where the boy cousins, Aunt Della, Uncle Jeff, and Aunt B, got to meet Sam for the first time.
  • Riley and I (and Sam and Kayla and Ang) went to the first, of hopefully many, Canton Trade Days!! We all had such a good time.
  • RYNE HAD HIS FIRST SOLO FLIGHT!! He did such a good job and is almost done with completing the course for his Privates Pilots Liscense.
  • Ryne has started and almost completed his application for the Marines. If all goes well, he will go to Officers Canidate School this summer.
  • We got to go to GG and GGP's new house in Atlanta for Good Friday. Samuel got to meet them and Aunt Debbie, Uncle Jimmy, and Jamie, all for the first time. I am so happy for GG and GGP and their new home. We loved it and are looking forward to creating many new memories in that home.
  • Oh and did I mention that the night we got there we all spent about the first hour in the hallway due to a tornado?
  • We got to celebrate our first Easter as a family of four. It was the first Easter that I haven't spent with my mom, dad and sisters. It was bitter sweet. I missed my Dad's Easter Sunday Service, but it was so wonderful to be able to worship with our new church family here in Longview. The kids hunted Easter eggs inside due to the rain. All the kids love Riley, but Isaac, a little boy at church, always is so kind. He went around helping Riley collect eggs and then gave her all the eggs that he had in his hat. It was so sweet and such a good example of giving to others. (we will have better pictures of the kids in there Easter outfits soon, hopefully)

Well, things have been good here. It was extremely hectic at first but I am finally starting to get the hang of having two little ones here at the house. Riley is a wonderful big sister. Anytime that she hears Sam crying, she either tries to burp him (by "hitting him" just like mommy) or bring hime a paci, or a bottle or even a burp rag when he spits up. Every morning when we walk past Sam in his crib, she reaches out to kiss him and we tell him hello. I love how much she loves him already. I know that they are going to be the best of friends.
































































































































































































































































1 comments:

Emily said...

Your children are too cute Rebekah! And you look awesome too :) I can't believe how big Riley is! (well, and Sam but I haven't met him yet..) I can't wait to see you and your family in just a couple months! Glad everything is going well! Love you and miss you!