Friday, July 11, 2008

Trip to South Dakota
















Wow! What a great trip.

Wednesday morning, we headed up to South Dakota for a 16 hour trip. Ryne has fond memories of spending 4th of July up in South Dakota with family, so it was so special to us that our first 4th of July, we could make some memories of our own with our family. All of these pictures are not in any particular order but it does catch a glimpse of our trip. It doesn't show, however some things, like grandpa playing with Riley in the mornings. As most of you know, Riley loves everyone, but she sure did enjoy her one-on-one time with Grandpa in the morning before everyone else got up. Another favorite part of the trip was cooking with grandma. On Saturday, everyone went into Sioux Falls to do some shopping while Riley and I stayed home with grandma and grandpa to learn to make some Norwegian cookies. I can't wait to get my own iron to make some for us here at home. We all had such a blast over at Uncle Guy and Aunt Fran's too. I love having a full house. There is something about lots of people, lots of food, and lots of noise, that says family to me. I loved being out in the open air enjoying one another. While we were at their house I even got to play a Wii for the first time! It was a blast, especially how all the little kids could beat me with ease. Mark and Liz even came down for a bit. (Last August the whole Bergren family headed up to South Dakota for their wedding) It was so nice to see you guys. Thanks for entertaining us all with Marcus's cool wave board. All in all it was a wonderful trip. At one point in time Ryne and I were standing outside, we looked up at the stars, and took a nice, long, deep breath of air, he looked at me as a slight breeze brushed by and said: "now this is a vacation", and he couldn't have been more right. 

Thanks for letting us come and see you guys up in South Dakota. Hope we can see you all again soon; And major thanks to Dan and Lori for letting us break up the trip home. Instead of making the entire trip in one day on the way home, we stopped in Kansas at Uncle Dan's and Aunt Lori's. I know it was short but we sure did enjoy visiting with you guys. 

Thanks for comming with us Austin and Nathan. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did

Happy Belated 4th of July from the Bergren's

1 comments:

My life with 4 Daughters and Preacher said...

I am so glad that you were able to take a trip this summer. Riley is a good traveler and you are very lucky for that! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and that Riley enjoyed being the center of attention! I love you guys- Honey